Sunday March 22nd.
In response to the Coronavirus and directives from Government, Ministry of Health and Bowls NZ, the Executive have met and discussed what we can do as a club to help keep our members as safe as possible. At this point, we do not want to close the club completely but we have had to make some decisions around how we can try to mitigate the chances of spreading COVID-19 throughout the club.
With these thoughts in mind, the Executive have introduced the following measures that are effective immediately and will remain in place until further notice.
• All bowling galas are cancelled.
• Men’s club Pairs final and Ladies Singles will be played if all players agree. Measures will be put in place to keep separation between players. If a player does not wish to compete then that competition will be deemed not played. Match committee’s will advise more detail once briefed.
• Roll Up’s are still permitted but a maximum of 10 players per green and a rink separation is required.
• All booked functions and club hire has been cancelled. Future bookings have been suspended.
• Some tables within the clubhouse have been removed to provide more space between them.
• Chairs will be limited to 4 per table to increase space between people.
• Please do not adjust chairs and tables.
• The club has provided surface cleaner behind the bar. This can be used to regularly wipe down the bar surfaces.
• The club will provide (once we get our hands on some) hand sanitiser and antiseptic wipes for the bar, these can be used to keep hands clean & wipe down EFT-POS machine and telephone.
• The club will only be open to Members and their immediate family (husband, wife, partner & own kids). Please ensure family members are signed in and have a contact number included.
• Visitors who are not family members of current club members are not permitted to enter the club.
• The Executive will have the right to shut the club completely if required & all members will be notified if we get to this point.
The Executive are working on these changes and are following the Government and Ministry of Health guidelines. We, as an Executive take this matter extremely seriously and we will be reviewing these items on a regular basis. We will be updating all members whenever a change is required and we will inform members primarily via email and on the website.
We ask that you all look after yourselves, your families and your fellow members so we can all get through this and continue in the new season.
Lyall Bay Bowling Club
Saturday March 21st.
The club Executive have met and worked on a plan to help the members to feel safe if they decide to visit the club. We are working on a document to email and hand deliver to all members so they are aware of what the club will do in the foreseeable future.
We will upload the document to this page once it is ready.
We will also publish any updates to that document or any changes as they come to hand.
Please, if you are sick or not well stay away from the club. Let other know you are not well so we can help you in any way you need.
Look after yourself and your families.
Lyall Bay Bowling Club